Sunday, February 12, 2006

The weekend is winding down, and I am trying to get excited about going to work tomorrow. It's always so nice to have a few days off!

Martin is probably going to be happy to get back to work. He has tiled in the bathroom this weekend. He's actually just finishing it off right now. Just the caulking left to do. I am married to such a wonderful, versatile man! I have never known such a hard worker, and I adore him for it.

I have tried to make up for all Martin's hard work this weekend. I have been trying to keep the house clean around him, and I baked him chocolate chip cookies and home-made bread. I have cooked him quite a few meals as well. Cooking is such a thankless, never ending chore, isn't it?

We had the missionaries over for dinner on Friday, and I made a Mexican feast! I attempted to make a chili verde, which turned out to be nearly impossible. You can't really buy chilis in this country--at least not the ones used in Mexican food. We had to make some horrible compromises, and the chili verde wasn't green (chili roja?), but it still tasted great. And I made my own salsa and guacamole. The elders liked it, at any rate. Plus, Martin and I enjoy having them in our home. The new missionary is Elder Diatel, and he is very nice!

Church was good today. My Primary kids sang in sacrament meeting, and they were beautiful! The Leeds mission president and his wife spoke in church, and I really enjoyed their talks. I did cry like a baby on Martin's shoulder and told him I wanted to go home (the mission president and his wife are from Utah), but lunch and a nap improved my mood and the bout of serious homesickness passed quickly enough.

Anyway, it's bed time. I just wanted to write a quick update because we have a busy week ahead of us and I may not get another chance until next weekend.

No comments: