Monday, October 17, 2011

Awwwwwwwdorable...

It was the Primary presentation in Sacrament meeting yesterday.  I didn't actually get to watch it as I was roped in to playing the piano (kind of gutted, since it was Dylan's first one), but it was actually adorable.  The kids all sang beautifully and did really well with their talks and all their lines.  Dylan made me proud with his speaking parts.  Obviously, I couldn't tell if he sang or not.  Edith made me proud, too.  She sat on the stand until the presentation started, like a little angel.  Then she sat with Noelle and was extremely good during the program.  Martin had to sit with his Primary class on the stand.

The highlights of the program (for me):

Not messing up the piano on "Scripture Power"
When the youngest kids, Dylan included, did "Head, shoulders, knees and toes" to demonstrate wearing modest clothing
When Dylan then lifted his shirt up to his armpits and held it there for a good 30 seconds
The way Dylan was playing with his teacher's necklace and sparkly top and it looked like he was fondling her rather large bosoms for most of the presentation.

Oh yeah, my 4 year old kid basically looked like a big perv.

I love my son!

I spent the weekend very comfortably taking strong pain medication every 6 hours.  My pain has subsided quite a bit and I am currently pain pill free, but I am also fasting in preparation for surgery.  My heel doesn't hurt very much any more, but I still have to walk carefully and it DOES hurt if I catch it wrong.  Martin has encouraged me just to go in for the glass removal so I don't have to walk gingerly for the foreseeable future and won't have to be super careful about shoe shopping to make sure my glass heel doesn't get pushed on wrong.  He's right--I should just get it done while we're in England and it's free.  I just don't like that they will need to do either general anesthetic or a spinal block.  I'm plumping for spinal, because for some reason I think that would be less risky and seem less invasive.  And I've already had two successful surgeries with a spinal block, so I know they work very well for me!  Just waiting for the hospital to call me in.

All this drama just because of a small piece of glass on the piano room floor.  Oh well, at least this wasn't caused by my own rampant stupidity--it is purely an accident.  It wasn't even one of us who broke the glass in there--a shelf with glass items on it fell down.  Although Martin is the one who put the shelf up...

1 comment:

Greg, Ang & 4 kidlets said...

I'm so sorry Jamie- that sounds like no fun at all:) Good luck on the surgery!