Friday, September 25, 2015

Internet

Basically, we still don't have it in our house. And yes, it is driving me crazy. But as the days go on with no connection, I miss it less and less. I have been spending more time reading and working, more time listening to music. I haven't been on Facebook every two hours and all of my social media activity has basically been limited to two days a week when I can use the WiFi at work, or when I happen to be driving past a McDonald's.

It's amazing, how quickly we come to take things like WiFi for granted. When I first moved away from home and went to college, I had to go to the school's library to type papers and send e-mails. I had no computer in my room, and I didn't even have my own phone line, let alone internet. AND, no mobile phones! How did I survive? Things have changed a lot in the past 15-16 years.

Now I feel really old!

Dylan has lost another tooth. And I know that hardly seems BLOG-worthy, but trust me, it's a big deal. He really doesn't like losing his teeth, and this one was a front tooth that was barely hanging on for almost 10 weeks. I had finally had enough of him looking like he had a chiclet held to his gums, being unable to speak properly, and eating out of the side of his mouth. I told him if it wasn't out by the following day I was taking him to the dentist to have it pulled. He got it out the next morning. And then, last night, Edith head butted him whilst they were playing and knocked out another one. What a champion!

No comments: