Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Well, here we are in beautiful (and cool) Nephi. The move up from St. George was an adventure. Mom and dad helped us move, and they came down two days earlier than they said they were going to. Plus, we thought we were going to take two days to do it. Plans changed, and we did the whole thing Saturday night. It was so incredibly difficult, compounded by the fact that I kept having mini panic attacks. Let me just point out that I have never done that in my entire life!

We had a ton of help from our friends down south, for which I will be eternally grateful. We couldn't have done it without you Rick, Alice, Becky, & Greg!!!

Since we got here we've been sleeping and relaxing and finishing packing, and we are now done packing! Our boxes have been shipped, so now it's just a matter of getting ourselves there. We are both starting to get really excited about things. Martin's dad is going to make sure we have a car when we get there, and Martin starts work on the fifth of September.

Last night we took my dad's jeep for a drive in the mountains, and it really hit me how much I'm going to miss Utah. Martin and I were talking about it--how I get homesick and he really doesn't. We decided that for him, where he's at is just where he is; for me, where I'm at is a big part of who I am.

No comments: