Thursday, September 01, 2005

We made it!

Martin and I have been in the UK for 4 days now (it seems like longer) and it is wonderful to be here. England in the summer time is just as beautiful as I thought it might be, and I think autumn is going to be even better.

We've had some minor setbacks, and I'm finding the difference between Americans and Brits to be more pronounced than I remember it being. When you go into a bank or the doctor's office in the States, everyone is so very helpful. You ask questions, and they volunteer the information that you need. Here, people seem to be more reticent. If you don't ask the right question, you don't get an answer. And instead of people suggesting different options if they are unable to provide something, people just say, "Oh no, we can't do that," and leave it at that. It's infuriating, but I suppose I'll have to get used to it.

I'll try and post some pictures this weekend--took one of Martin in the Queen's Head pub, and got a couple of other good ones.

We bought a car today, and I am going to the temple on Saturday. We're going to Hull tomorrow to do some family research. Keeping busy, and I should actually have stuff to post about every week--at least for a little while yet.

No comments: