Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Our computer is fixed--sort of!

We finally got our laptop up and running, which is a relief. We had to re-install windows so we lost all our pictures that were stored, but I am happy that we don't have to buy another copy of windows XP. We really can't afford that right now.

The sun finally came out today for the first time this year! The best part of it was that sunset wasn't until 4:19 pm. It had been setting at about 3:50, and that extra 30 minutes make all the difference. It was amazing how much better the day was when there was actually some daylight!

Martin and I had the missionaries over for dinner tonight. One of them, Elder Millar, is from the south of England. He has a very posh sounding accent and is very adorable. The other one, Elder Wilcox, is from Salt Lake City, Utah, and is also adorable. He's been on his mission for about 2 months now, and is really missing home. It was nice to have them over. Martin was home all day sick, so he cooked dinner. I came home to beef stew, and I made the dumplings. I especially enjoyed having a fellow American in the house, even though he did say geeky things like, "Oh my heck," and "gosh!"

I need to get going because Martin and I have big TV plans for the night. The season one finale of Lost is on tonight, and we have been looking forward to it all week. We are such nerds, but at least it's not celebrity Big Brother. That stupid reality show is on every night, and it's all that they talk about at work!

No comments: