Monday, November 13, 2006

Ah, the family...

Got to talk to mom, dad, Jace, and Krystle last night. I actually stayed on the phone for nearly an hour, and it was wonderful to be able to chat. Martin actually talked to my mom for as long as I did--something that he hasn't done for a long time. I miss my family.

Strange, though, that I still want to be nearer to them, but England really does feel like home now. Our house felt like home from about our second day here--central heating, plenty of space, and, of course, the mortgage. But the other night we were driving home from Grimsby and it occured to me that the whole of Lincolnshire felt like home. I know where everything is, I know the fast way to get places, I am comfortable driving now, and I feel (almost) like a local.

So this is the first day of my second unemployment stint, and I am in bed. I have been sick for about two weeks, and really just need to rest and let my body recover. Well, that and I need to get some homework done and clean my house, but I am going to do my homework in bed. I am so tired! Last night I slept for nine hours, and I could still happily take an afternoon nap! Anyway, I think I might have a few pictures to post, so I'm going to do that now. I have a feeling that I will be posting more often for the next little while. I love being a housewife!!!

No comments: