Friday, February 03, 2012

You know that fake English accent?

The one that everybody (including the Brits) does to say "Home, James, and don't spare the horses"? Well, Dylan says "home" just like that.

It makes me giggle every single time. I have no idea where he picked it up, but I love it so!

Remember when I was just a few months pregnant with Dylan and I had an emotional breakdown in a charity shop in York because I didn't want to have English babies? Yeah, I so don't feel that way now. I think Dylan's English accent is adorable. Edith still sounds a bit American, but that will end when she starts going to play school in a few months' time. It's great!

Not so great that my family have a hard time understanding him. And they don't stand a chance with Edith, as she still speaks like a toddler AND has a slight English accent.

The kids and I made no-bake cookies this evening. I've been trying to do something fun with them every evening, which is sometimes difficult. I'm so focused on cleaning up after dinner that I ignore the children for the sake of the house. That's something I really need to work on. But anyway, the no-bake cookies were a big success. Fast, fun, and easy to make. And even more fun and easy to eat.

Looking forward to bedtime tonight. Lots of effort has gone into this night, even though it was fish fingers, chips and peas for dinner.

Soon to come:

Pictures of my latest craft projects! You know, the ones I've been neglecting everything else to work on :)

No comments: