Sunday, July 01, 2012

Social butterfly...

We have been running non-stop all week.

Last Sunday we went to Nottingham to spend time with one of our favorite families--Sally and her girls, Bethany and Fleur. We also got to meet Sally's new sweetie, Pete. It was such a lovely day, but a fairly late night.

Then on Tuesday it was Martin's parents' 36th wedding anniversary. We went bowling (Cathy won, I humiliated myself, but a good time was had by all) and out to dinner. NO KIDS! It was really nice to have a grown-up night.

I hosted book club at my house on Wednesday. "Call the Midwife," by Jennifer Wirth. Great book, great company, not-so-great screaming Edith. Still a good night, though.

Thursday was Amy's night to come over for dinner. Weekly occurrence, so nothing special. But it was still a good night.

On Friday I sneaked in an afternoon visit with Mrs. Munday. Hooray for them moving to Barton! At least, I think it was Friday :) Friday night was Cathy's "Glitzy Bitz" party, so more socializing :)

Saturday it was just me and the kids, but we had a lovely time doing portraits at the 20/21 Gallery in Scunthorpe. I did two chalk portraits--a self portrait and one of Edith. They're currently hanging up at the gallery. Nothing to brag about though, as they are hanging alongside the efforts of a lot of kids ages ranging between about 3 and 13. The kids also went to their Nanna's house for a few hours, and I cleaned the top two floors of the house. Productive day!

And today we had Nanna Sylvia's 90th birthday tea party. She's Martin's mother's Nanna. We took some 5 generation pictures, which was very groovy. We also got to see most of Martin's Priestley family, and the kids all played together. Really good afternoon!

All this social activity is really unusual for me. Man, am I ever exhausted. I haven't had a single moment to feel bored or lonely all week long. I spent Saturday night alone, and it was GREAT!

My therapist did say that I needed to get out more. I think he'll be proud of me.

No comments: