Friday, March 21, 2014

Getting into the groove...

I'm in my second week of work now, and I'm starting to enjoy it. I got paid today, so that kind of helps. But more than that, it's kind of nice to have a bit more structure to my days. It forces me to plan my week out and keeps me on task, knowing that I won't have those two days at the end of the week to get things done. And I like being able to contribute to the funds, if only a little bit!

Of course, there are down sides, too. Like last night, when Dylan told me that the parents were invited to a Sports Relief fundraiser at the school the next day. He got a little teary when I told him I couldn't go because of work. And Edith needing some sports kit, which I could have gone out and bought then delivered to the school for her if I hadn't been at work. I'd imagine there will be more of those moments, but I can live with them.

So yeah, everything is fine over here. No more crying myself to sleep at night over my job. Just slight annoyance about having to get out of bed and go to work!

Tomorrow is the Stake Relief Society activity day over in Hull. I'm teaching a choir workshop, which could either be really fun or a total nightmare. I'll be teaching "God Is Love" from the hymn book. The kids will be hanging out with their Nanna. Slightly put out that I'm missing my life drawing class for it, but hopefully I will get blessings for my efforts.

In other exciting weekend news, I shall be buying Edith some new school shoes as she has grown out of hers.

Oh yeah, that's the way I roll!

No comments: