Thursday, January 08, 2015

HUGE January update...

So Christmas was good. Hard work, but still good. Only a few minor meltdowns, and major family drama avoided. Good food, great gifts, lovely family time. And, best of all, no anger management issues for me during the whole of the Christmas break from school. Still, Martin and I were both glad to see them back at Castledyke yesterday!

New Year's Eve was a non-event. Kids were in bed by half past seven, Martin was at work, and I stayed up and watched Dexter on Netflix. Accidentally stayed up until midnight, because I was really into the episode I was watching. Martin got home right before midnight, we had a weird interaction, then kissed, and I went to bed. He stayed up and ate dinner/watched sports. Because we are so romantic and that's the way we roll.

A bit of bad news this morning. Martin has been let go at Stables. We've kind of been expecting it since the new guy bought the business late last year, but it's still stressful and demoralizing. Martin only found out about an hour and a half ago, but he is already job hunting. It could end up being a good thing though, since his hours were horrible and he was kind of looking around anyway. This could be the final push that gets him into a job where we can actually have a social life. We never see anybody!!!

So yeah, other than that, things are good. I have recommitted myself to the gym and am back in full swing there (hey, I'll now be able to work out in the evenings if I want to. AWESOME!). Just finished off week three of the couch to 5K app, and it feels great whilst at the same time kicking my butt. I have already started to notice that I have way more energy. I'm going to do some research into weight training programs--maybe see if there are some good personal trainer apps so I can maximize my efforts at the gym. And maybe Martin and I can start cycling together in the mornings. Hmm...

The kids are growing and thriving. Edith seems to have shot up about 4 inches in the last month, I swear. And her hair is getting really long now. She loves it! Martin wants her to get another pixie cut. She is becoming a really good reader, and is a social animal. She loves playing with her friends, and I think she might be an artistic child. Yay! Dylan is still super smart, of course. He's starting to get really into football, and enjoys collecting Match Attax cards (I hate them!). He's excited to be back at school with all his friends, and has a new teacher. A MAN!

My part time job is going well. Still love the people I work with, and feel really blessed to have this job. Especially now! The house still isn't sold (but Martin is hoping to get some work done on it now that he'll have more free time). Martin is jobless but optimistic. So all in all, we're in a decent place for the start of 2015.

One thing--Dylan is going to be turning eight this year. You know what that means--BAPTISM! We were hoping that we'd be living back in the U.S. by then, but it's not looking likely now. So if any family members would like to come over for his baptism, start saving your pennies now. We'll probably have the baptism on his actual birthday, the 29th of August. Just a heads up.

So there you have it, a Gilbert family update. Keep you posted with the job situation. And now that I'm back at work, expect weekly updates here!

Kisses to all.

No comments: