Thursday, January 15, 2015

Still nothing...

Martin has put it a lot of job applications in the past week, but we've still not got anything concrete. He's being paid for a few more weeks though, and is going to be paid out his leftover holiday pay, which is about a weeks' worth. So we're not too stressed out about it yet. Back Hill Motors has been busy, so my job looks secure enough. It's only two days a week, but it's more than we had last time Martin lost his job.

I hate the catering business. Is it ok to say that? I don't understand why Martin is always drawn back to working in restaurants. And yet it looks as though he could be headed back to Winteringham Fields. If that's where he can get work, we'll manage. But I dread it with every fiber of my being. It almost makes me feel as though Martin doesn't want to spend time with me and the kids. Irrational, I know. But it's still the way I feel.

He came in to my work just now to drop off the car keys (MOT time, ugh!) and he looked really sad. I hate it when Martin is sad. He's normally such a chilled out, optimistic guy. Sure, he had a few setbacks today. But I have confidence in Martin, and I wish he could have that same confidence in himself.

On a positive note, Martin and I knuckled down and did some SERIOUS spring cleaning yesterday. The front room and entrance hallway are immaculate, and we took some new pictures for the estate agent. We have also been talking about work that could be done to increase the desirability of our property. Mostly knocking out the back wall to create some off-road parking. Martin doesn't want to sacrifice our BBQ area, but I think I reasoned him into my way of thinking. Parking has been a major sticking point for some of our potential buyers, and we don't want to wait until we have squatters' rights on the abandoned property next door. It'll take too long!

Anyway, that's the news. Nothing exciting, somewhat stressful, mostly boring.

Sorry, peeps. My life has become dull beyond belief. I don't even have adorable babies to break up the monotony--just slightly (or very, depending on the day) annoying little kids. At least they're good looking.

No comments: