Friday, July 10, 2015

Simple gifts...

Yesterday I decided to try and focus on all the simple joys that abound in my life. So here they are. Or rather, here SOME of them are:

My warm bicycle seat.
The strength and stretch of my thigh muscles as I ride my bike home
The smell of the flowers on the corner of Marsh Lane and Catherine Street.
The flavour of raspberries, picked from my garden and eaten still warm from the sunlight.
The feel of my hair brushing against my back.
Standing on tip-toes to hang washing on the line.
The look and taste of cherry juice as we picked the fruit.
The gleam of ripe cherries, just waiting to be stoned.
Knowing that those cherries were 100% free!
The extra hug I got from my daughter when she came downstairs to say goodnight.
The soft cotton of my sheets and the weight of my duvet on a slightly cool night.
A good night's sleep.

It's good to have a body.

It's even better to enjoy it.

There was a time when I hated my body, and there was an even longer time when I intentionally dulled my senses. I am still struggling to regain some of the sensations that my body should feel, but I am grateful for the joy that my still strong senses help me experience.


No comments: