Thursday, June 29, 2006

The remodeling saga continues...

We have managed to clear most of the rubble out of our front room, but as we peel away the layers of plaster board and cladding we keep finding strange thigs--like a bare brick wall without any plaster on it, and great gaping holes in the ceiling. We can see the front room from our bedroom above it. Scary!

Martin has been so great!!! His knuckles are all scraped up and he is exhausted, because I was absolutely rubbish with the demolition. I basically just tried to stay out of the way for two days, but yesterday was actually able to help. We hired a skip and filled it to the brim with broken cinder blocks and sheetrock. I know how to handle a shovel very well, thanks to my daddy. He really taught his girls how to work!

I actually found a job that sounds great, which I've applied for. It's at John Leggott College in Scunthorpe, working as a personal assistant for the director on the international centre. I would be handling all secretarial and receptionist duties in the department that deals with foreign students studying there. I am hoping to at least get an interview. Fingers crossed everyone. Martin really wants me to get a job!

We're doing well though! I was taking a look at our life today, and realised that it's great! We own our own house, and it should appraise at double what we paid for it. It's also a grade 2 listed building in the conservation area of a historic market town. Life is good.

More pictures coming tomorrow, after we get some more work done.

No comments: