Saturday, February 23, 2008

Dylan (and family)update...

Today Dylan rolled from his back to his tummy for the first time. He's been doing tummy to back for ages, but this is a first. He is getting so big--and INCREDIBLY strong! He weighed 18 lbs 7 oz as of Wednesday. Marley, the baby next door, weighs 21 lbs. They both weighed about the same at birth, and now Dylan is long and skinny and Marley is pretty much round. Of course, Marley is bottle fed and Dylan is still breast fed. In fact, he has made it to 6 months without ever having formula. I am so proud of that!

We went to the Mundays' house last night--haven't been over in ages. We give Dylan his bath there and put him to bed in their travel cot upstairs. It's always been a nice way of still being able to go and be social, but last night I really missed my cuddles and quiet time with Dylan. The longer he's around, the more I love spending time with him. It really helps that he's getting cuter all the time. He's really becoming such a smiley, happy baby.

Martin went for his job interview at Grimsby College yesterday. Can't remember if I've mentioned it or not--he applied for the position of Restaurant Manager and NVQ assessor at the training restaurant there. I hope he gets it--the hours are a bit longer and he'll have to drive to work every day, but it'll be so good for him. Plus he'll be making about twice as much money as he currently does and he'll get sick pay (which he currently does not).

I'm doing really well. I've been doing Pilates about 5 days a week, and I'm starting to see the benefits. From the waist up you can't even tell I've had a baby. From the waist down, well, that's another story. But I'm working on it, and that's the most important part, right?

Got to go play with my baby now. Sorry it's such a quick update--I'll try to get some pictures up later.!

2 comments:

Celeste said...

I can't believe he weights so much already! I can't believe your friend's baby does either! Noah only weighs 17 lbs! Noah is a small little guy though.

Jamie said...

Dylan's weight gain is starting to level off. He's actually only slightly above average now. I think things all even out eventually, right? Especially when they start running around!