Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Dylan and I met Charlotte, Beth, and Dave at Baysgarth park on Saturday. The weather was so glorious that we just HAD to get out. Martin was at work, but we went and had lunch at the Place and saw him. We had fun, and had Charlotte and Dave over for dinner last night--that was fun, too. They are a great couple. They are the first practicing Catholics that I've ever met. Charlie is from Hull. Dave is Welsh. And Dylan and Beth play really well together.

Unfortunately, the weather didn't stay glorious for very long. The fog has rolled in now, and we can hear the fog horn going out on the North Sea all night long. Plus, it's been really cold! And I'm not just saying that because I've been in England too long and have gone soft. It was -6 celcius two nights ago. Our water pipes froze. I know they do it all the time back home, but it's never happened to me over here and I wasn't expecting it. I left a tap running last night, and so our pipes didn't freeze again.

Martin has his job interview at Grimsby College on Friday, and he's looking forward to that. I'm giving a massage tonight, taking Dylan swimming on Wednesday, and then we have a birthday party on Thursday. It's Martin's mate Nathan's 30th, and we're going to some big play area near Leeds. They do dry skiing, and apparently have a great area for kids to play in. Family friendly, you know? Then we have Choir on Thursday night. On Saturday we're going over to the neighbors' house to hang out. This week is so busy!

2 comments:

Greg, Ang & 4 kidlets said...

He is SO cute! I loved listening to him shrieking:) You guys are so busy- way more than us right now I think:)

Jamie said...

Most weeks aren't that busy. I have to find stuff to do so I don't go stir crazy alone in the house with Dylan. Of course, when it rains it pours.