Monday, February 11, 2008

News...

I have my UK Visa! And the best part of it is, it is only good until 2010. We will be moving home when it is expired, so now I have something to look forward to!

In other news, Martin has an interview to be the restaurant manager at the Grimsby Institute's training restaurant. If he gets the job it would be really good money, all the school holidays off, and 5 days and 4 nights a week. I don't really mind what he ends up doing--I know he would be really good at that job and it would make him happy. Besides, nights alone with Dylan don't terrify me any more. He is such a good baby now, and spending time with him is really a joy!

Our entrance hallway has been plastered now, and it looks marvy. Just a few days to dry, and then we will get it painted. We're also going to change the color of our front room. It's going to be "Willow Tree" green in both. Our house is really starting to look good. It's nowhere near done, but it gets a little better all the time.

Saturday was such a gorgeous day that I decided to work out in the garden with Dylan. I pulled weeds in the borders and dug them up to get them ready for spring planting. Then I decided to start digging out the concrete so we can plant grass back there. We got another unpleasant surprise--the concrete was laid over a little bit of rubble and topsoil, but there is brick all under the topsoil. I am going to have to do some MAJOR work out there to get it ready to plant grass. But I want Dylan to have a lawn to play on.

Speaking of Dylan, I need to feed him. I'll try to get some pictures posted later on this week. He's getting so big now (though he's only gained 5 ounces in the last three weeks) and cuter every day!

No comments: