Tuesday, June 28, 2011

I have the best family...

Today Dylan did some writing. 

He wrote "mom," "dad," Dylan," and "Edith."

Ok, so it's not Shakespeare.  But he wrote "mom" without even asking us how to spell it.  He did "dad" all on his own as well.  He's got hos own name down pat.  He had to have a little bit of help with "Edith," but it is a tricky one.  He thought you spelled it with an "f" at the end.  He's gone from completely uninterested in reading and writing to the star pupil pretty much overnight.

Edith just keeps getting cuter.  As she gets older, her personality becomes more apparent.  She's a bossy little madame, but she's so kind and caring as well.  Oh, my little ginger firecracker!

And my husband...well, I am seriously lucky.  He does it all.  He's loving, devoted, hard-working, and a great father.  I mean, sure he has his faults.  Don't we all?  But I love him to pieces, even though he's completely incapable of cleaning up after himself.

I had a slightly surreal moment in Tesco on Monday.  I had a person I've never met turn around and say, "Oh, you're Jamie.  And that must be Dylan and Edith."  Turns out, she's a friend of Emma and Lewis and she reads my blog, which is linked to theirs (I didn't get your name, but it was nice to meet you).  That's never happened before.  Most of the time, this blog just seems like I'm talking to myself and putting up pictures for my mom.  I've always thought I was kind of a private person.  Except now I publish most of the details of my life on-line.  Is it strange that I never really thought of it that way before?

No comments: