Thursday, July 28, 2011

Guess what?

I've always thought I was more of a school-time mom.  I like having Dylan at school and Edith napping, because it gives me some time to myself.  But today is day 4 of the summer holidays, and I'm really enjoying it so far.  Having Dylan home is actually pretty fun.

Maybe it's more the freedom of not being tied to the school run.  We don't have to stick to such a rigid schedule right now.  If lunch is ready 20 minutes later than normal, it's no big deal.  If Edith sleeps a little bit later than usual, I don't have to wake her up to go gt Dylan from school.  We can skip naps altogether and go do something fun, like we did yesterday. 

Here's what we've done so far:

Monday--not a really fun one for the kids.  Martin went golfing.  I went visiting teaching.  We prepared for the Stables staff barbeque.

Tuesday--took the kids swimming at the new leisure centre in Scunthorpe.

Wednesday--went to the park in Goxhill.

And today--Noelle is coming over and we are going to bake cookies.

We've not got any plans for Frieday yet, but I'm thinking it might involve a train journey to the seaside.  The kids both love trains, and Dylan loves the beach, but it depends on when the tide is in.  So it could be fish and chips and a paddle in the North Sea, could be something else.

Saturday will most likely be a trip to McDonalds and the 20/21 art gallery in Scunthorpe.

Poor Martin.  He's seeing even less of the kids because we're out doing fun stuff when he's home on his break.  But I'm tired of not doing anything just because of his job.  So we are gallivanting around and leaving him alone with the Wii.

It looks like it's going to be a fun, busy, and exhausting summer!

1 comment:

Greg, Ang & 4 kidlets said...

Your summer is just starting and we only have one month left- crazy! Towards the end of summer I am kinda ready to get back on a schedule:)