Monday, November 07, 2005

The Gilberts have a new home!

Martin and I moved in to Hogpenny Cottage on Friday night, and it is wonderful! Martin and I are both really pleased with our decision to move there. It was especially wonderful when it came time to go to church and we only had to leave 10 minutes early instead of 30. The neighborhood is really quiet and it feels really safe, which is a good thing in Grimsby. Parts of it are really rough.

So here's the complete new address:

Martin & Jamie Gilbert
Hogpenny Cottage, 43A
Algernon Street
Grimsby, Lincs
DN32 9QS
England

We don't have our phone hooked up yet, but I'll get the number to everyone when that's available. We obviously don't have internet yet as our phone line isn't up yet, so that means I won't be posting to the blog very much--just when I can sneak a few minutes at work. And absolutely no pictures, unfortunately. But I am taking a lot of pictures so I can show everyone what our house is like. Hang in there--I will post them eventually.

Martin and I took a trip to Preston on Saturday and went to the temple. I love the Preston Temple--it is so beautiful and peaceful. I don't know why, but it seems so much more quiet than the St. George temple. There is usually an interesting mix of people there as well.

We also bought a second car last week. It's another used one, but this one is nicer than our Seat. It's a Ford Mondeo, white, and it is very comfortable. It's a turbo diesel and gets about 50+ miles to the gallon.

In one week we've gone from living with the parents and making due with one vehicle to our own house and one car each. It feels like we are finally getting on our feet again, but boy are we ever broke!

No comments: