Thursday, November 17, 2005

We have finally got internet access!

Of course, more importantly, we also have a phone (and a telly, for Martin)! Anyone who wants to call us, just e-mail me and I will give you the number. Don't worry--an international call doesn't have to be cost prohibitive. Martin and I used 10-10-987 and it was actually less expensive than calling across the state. 30 cents to connect, and 3 cents per minute.

Life in England has been getting steadily better and better since we got into our little Hogpenny Cottage. Of course, the day to day things like work and doing dishes are still the same, but what I thought would happen already has--I feel like we finally have a home. Our house IS about the size of a postage stamp (it's smaller than the one in Cedar City, for any of you who saw that one), but it is charming. If I can find our digital camera this morning I will take a few photos of it.

In other good news--Martin and I got our referral to the fertility clinic! They've been in touch via post, and we are going in to have some more tests done early next week. By law, we have to be seen within 13 weeks of our doctor receiving our test results, so we will be having our first appointment in less than 4 months' time. That wasn't as long as I thought it would be. Keeping in mind, of course, that the 4 months is a MAXIMUM! We could actually be seen a lot sooner than that. Fingers crossed everyone.

Martin is still frustrated at work. He is having a hard time adjusting to how his company is run here versus the U.S. Some days are better than others, but Martin is usually so easy going about everything and he's not right now. He's currently looking for something new, even if he just transfers to a different office. My job, on the other hand, keeps getting better and better. Yesterday was a great day for me--hardly any mistakes, and I knew what I was doing virtually the whole day! They've also asked me to stay on until after Christmas, and if my position goes full time I am virtually guaranteed to get the job. That would mean a pay raise and benefits, which I am thrilled about!

So that's the update in a nut shell. Now that we have internet again, I'll go back to posting more regularly. Remember to e-mail me for our phone number, and when you do call, remember that we are seven hours ahead of you!

No comments: