Friday, December 23, 2005

Happy Christmas!

Sounds weird, doesn't it? Merry Christmas still gets said over here, but not as often!

I am done with work until the 2nd of January now, and it's good to be off. I have been looking forward to a week off almost since I started working at Volvo. Today was weird. We only worked a half-day, and everybody still left early because the boss was gone. I was blown away by how irresponsible everyone was, and how they are completely unable to work without supervision. I guess not everyone had my daddy to teach them how to work!
I am going to make Russian Tea Cakes tonight, which are my favourite cookie in the whole world. They're so easy to make, too. Every time I bake something I amazed by how easy it is, yet people are so impressed when you do it. Cooking really is becoming a lost art. I AM stalling, to be perfectly honest, because I don't want to spend a lot of time in my tiny, cold kitchen.
Last weekend was great. I went shopping with Cathy, and had one of the best shopping days I've had in a long time. I have lost so much weight that I was able to buy styles I haven't been able to wear for a long time. And I was pleasantly surprised by the sizes I bought. It's always nice to be pleased with your size during the holiday season.
My work party was a good time, though it turned into a night of drunken debauchery about 1 hour in. One of the guys was trying to take his clothes off, and a couple got caught in a delicate situation in the Ladies' room. It makes me very happy to be a non-drinker when I see people's inhibitions fly out the window like that. Plus, Martin and I remembered everything that happened. The same can't be said for a lot of the people there that night.
We had our church Christmas party on Wednesday, and it went well. The Primary kids did their Christmas Nativity program, and I played the piano for it. They were adorable, but I had to play all these bouncy, happy, jolly songs. I also got roped in to playing a few carols for the rest of the ward to sing, and I would have loved to be able to sing instead of play. I have a sneaking suspicion that I'll be stuck behind the piano until the day I die.
Anyway, I need to get to these cookies. Maybe it'll warm up our freezing cold house!

No comments: