Monday, December 05, 2005

Where to start?

Nothing's really new, but life is good all the same. Martin and I had a great weekend, even though we didn't see each other very much.

On Saturday I went down to Lincoln with my friend Sam. Her husband kept the baby, so we had a total girls' day out. The Christmas fair was on, and it was very groovy. They open up the castle grounds and have loads of craft stands, food vendors, and kid's rides. I got most of my shopping for Martin done, and it was so good to just hang out with Sam. It seems like ages since I've done something without Martin.

Speaking of the cutie, Martin worked on Saturday and went down to Lincoln later that afternoon. He shopped for me, and then he had a work party. I went to bed early and was already asleep when he got home. But we slept late the next day and went to church together, and it was great.

We got our "poor man's double glazing" up this weekend too, and our house feels much warmer already. The house is really starting to come together. We're still a little short of storage and the walls are a little bit bare, but it's all good. We have what we need, and we're settling in. We are even going to start looking at houses to buy soon, which will be great!

Still no word from the fertility clinic--I'm hoping we'll have some news on that front by Christmas. It's really exciting to think that by next Christmas we could have a baby, or at least be expecting one.

I always thought that I would have kids by the time I turned 27. Life hasn't exactly gone as planned. In some ways it's better than I could have ever imagined, but some areas are a bit disappointing. Maybe that's part of growing up though--coming to terms with what you've got in life, making the best of the crummy bits, and enjoying the really great stuff.

No comments: