Tuesday, May 16, 2006

I'm 27, and I'm being bullied!

That's so sad, but I've decided that's what is happening to me at work. Sarah, the nice girl at work, has injured both her ankles and can't come in. Yvonne is spending this time shouting at me, swearing at me, and generally just making my life miserable. She is, of course, not physical in any way. But I come home every night feeling like I just took an emotional beating. I am so unhappy at work right now. Every morning I sit in my car and try to work up the nerve to go in the building. I just try to sit at my desk and work and keep my head down--not draw any attention to myself. I don't ask any questions unless I absolutely have to, and we don't talk at all. I think I'm getting an ulcer.

How sad is it that a 45 year old woman is bullying me? The English are so friendly most of the time, but nobody can out-shrew a working class English woman!

No comments: