Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Really quick...

The move went well, though we're still not completely moved in. We have do do some repairs and painting, etc before we can spread out and get settled. These last few days have been exhausting, but our upstairs bedroom is nearly ready to paint. We had to strip the wall paper and fill in cracks in the plaster, and last night we put the primer on. Looks good, but we are both dead on our feet.

We are slowly reclaiming the downstairs from the spiders. Last night I had a huge black spider about the size of a silver dollar lurking underneath my bath towel. Martin, my hero, smashed it for me. But he had to whack it a few times to kill it, it was that big. The kitchen and the bedroom are the only rooms we're really settled in to, but we ARE getting there. This has been a pretty good adventure so far. The best part is, it only takes Martin 15 minutes to get to work! It takes me about the same. We should have done this ages ago!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Guys- I am using Mom and Dad's computer so I actually have access to e-mail and wanted to write and say "hi". We are headed to Tannon's B-day party today and the kids went with mom to the circus last night- they got to ride an elephant so they are quite excited! Did you hear that a miracle has happened and Velecia is having a girl? Since they thought they were destined for only boys:) How are you guys doing in that department? We think of you all the time and pray for you at night- I'm sorry you are having such a hard time:( I read some of your last blogs and I felt bad about your work situation, Jamie, I wanted to yell at Yvonne for you:) That's cool you guys have a house now- I know the headache it is to remodel though:) Greg and I are still trying to fix ours up and it is so frustrating. But I have to keep thinking that at least we have a good house payment since it's not brand new:) Anyway, good luck with the remodeling:) Haven is crying so I better go:) Love you guys!

Love,

Ang:)

Anonymous said...

Mom says: I finally got the idea how to do this. Sorry we missed your calls. Martin looks good in his fish pants and you truly are stunning. Hope all is well with you. Keep blogging cause I love to see how you are. I love the pictures. It makes me feel closer to you.