Thursday, May 18, 2006

Nothing new to say, really, but this might be my last posting for a few weeks while we get our new household set up. We are both really excited to get into the house! We have almost nothing packed, so tomorrow is going to be a really busy night.

I guess there is one new thing to report. I called the temp agency I'm currently working for and asked them to find me a new position as the working conditions atVolvo have become intolerable. They are going to let me know if anything else comes up. I did tell them that I'd stay on in the mean time, but I will call them if that changes as well. This way, I can find something new and still pay the bills! I will try to find something permanent as well, since I only stayed on as a temp for this long because I wanted a full time job with Volvo. That doesn't really appeal to me any more. Yvonne gets worse every day. What I'd really like to do is leave with no notice so they are hurting for staff and can't get anything done, but I don't think I'm quite malicious enough to do that. Yet!

Martin still hasn't heard on the promotion he applied for. They got the drug test results back and he stil has a job though, so that's good news. There's a lot to be said for clean living! I'd imagine that plenty of people out there would be nervous for a drug test. Anyway, he should hear tomorrow, or maybe the first part of next week. We don't quite understand the delay, but it's getting a little bit irritating.

Tonight has been a good night. Thursdays we usually go to choir practice, but I was asked to teach the young women in the ward how to lead music for their weekly activity. I was in with them for 2 hours, but it went so quickly. Those girls are so much fun--and have so much energy! I can't believe what a difference a few years make with kids. I had a much better time with the youth than I do with the Primary every week. Martin was on his own for choir practice, but I'm sure he enjoyed himself as well. He's been invited to sing in a special mens' group for Stake Conference this weekend.

Anyway, must go now. We still have to fix dinner before we go to bed. Miss you all!

2 comments:

House of Wilcox Rock!!! said...

I hope you can find something soon. I have almost the exact opposite problem, I love my job but it just doesn't pay enough and its a 30 minute drive after I've dropped the baby at the sitters.
I don't know what the hell is going on with me. I know I want to work because being home all day with Izaiah drives me CRAZY, but I still feel so guilty leaving him with a sitter all day; she gets to be with my baby more than I do, it sucks. And the other issue is that we are barely making it as it is and if I stay home, I'm going crazy and we're broke. I don't know whats worse.

Anyway in other news, big news about getting smaller. Glynn and I have finished all the prerequisites and are awaiting approval for Gastric Bypass surgery. You may have noticed that we have gotten even fatter. He's like a baby, I'm like a cat when we are happy we both get fat. Hopefully by this time next year we will be thinner, happier, and healthier. I think might start a different blog to document the incredible shrinking Wilcox's,
Coming soon!

Jamie said...

Work--what a blessing and a curse. My main problem is that all I want to do is be a stay at home mom. That's all well and good, unless you can't have kids. Kind of makes being a stay at home mom impossible, yes?
Wow--gastric bypass? That's extreme! If it makes you happy, though, I'm all for it. Keep me posted!