Saturday, July 29, 2006

Martin the big BULLY!

Can you believe that my husband made me get a job? He is so mean to me sometimes, but I love him anyway. What I don't love is no longer being a house wife.

My job is so boring at the moment--there's not much for me to do, and I can hardly believe I am getting paid good money to do nothing. The important thing is that it's a friendly working environment. It makes a nice change.

I'm working with three women at the moment, with three men who also work there but who we hardly ever see. The women are Alison, the boss, and Michelle and Heather. Alison is a tough, ballsy lady who swears like a sailor but has a heart of gold. Michelle is a Grimsby lass who is cheap and common as muck, but is kind and funny, though she ALSO curses like a truck driver. Heather is motherly, even though she says she hates children, and very polite. Everyone is as different as can be, but they all get along. Alison loses her temper a lot, but the girls just roll their eyes and laugh about it. I was so terrified to go back to work because of the Volvo experience, but I am feeling much better now. Plus I am keeping an eye out for something full time--head receptionist at a local hotel.

Martin has gotten a LOT done on the front room while he's been off work this week. Mostly it has been cleaning--he took three car boots full of rubble to the tip. We have a clean front room for the first time in weeks, and it's wonderful. On monday he's going to finish tearing down the ceiling, then he's going to put the stud wall in for the entrance hall. Then the electrics can be done, and we can plaster. After that, it's all painting and decorating and laying floorboards. We are about 3-4 weeks away from livable living room!

I need to find the digital camera, because on my last day of freedom before starting work we went on a little day trip to Sleningford Water Mill, near Ripon (up in Yorkshire). We got tubes and floated down the river on them, had a picnic, played in the water, and got sunburnt. It was a seriously fun day, and I have pictures of Martin's pale chest to post. Can't wait for family to come and visit, because I think they would really enjoy that place. It's a campground, so we could bring tents and spend a few days!

Anyway, must dash. We've got the Gilbert grandparents coming up to bring us a full size fridge/freezer and need to get the house cleaned before they get here. Much love to all, and I'll post again soon!

No comments: