Thursday, July 13, 2006

Martin is back at work for a while. He still has 9 holiday days to use, so he is at work all next week and then off for two weeks again. We haven't gotten anything done on the house, really, but we are planning to get a lot done over the weekend. We want to render all the bare brick in the front room and have it ready to plaster. We are going to patch all the holes in the plaster ourselves, and then pay to have someone skim it so we can save money AND have a professional job. Apparently, plastering is a real art form.

I have started looking a little harder for a job--currently have three applications in at various places. I have to make calls this afternoon to check up on my chances, but I really don't want to do that. There is a very delicate balance to be struck. I want to appear eager to get the job, but not pushy. Especially since Americans have a bad reputation for that anyway!

Choir tonight, and I am in charge. Nicole is going to a parent/teacher night, and has asked me to stand in. I really hope the pianist is there tonight, because if she's not then I have to do that as well. Not really a good time for me, and I usually look forward to choir so much.

Martin is enjoying his birthday gifts--he's gone golfing three times in the last two weeks. Come to think about it, that's probably why we haven't got anything else done on the house. Maybe the gift certificate for the local golf course was a mistake?

I got to speak to my oldest sister Velecia on her birthday a few days ago, though it was a quick call. Martin got called out for work soon after I called her, and I went with Martin into Grimsby. She sounded good, but tired. She's expecting her third baby soon, her first girl! I am really excited for her.

It's funny, how everyone hesitates to tell me when they are pregnant. It's like they think I will be all upset about it. It's not like they got pregnant to spite me. Besides, I think I am way past that. I will have children, eventually. The only time I get angry that others seem to be able to conceive so easily is when it's 14 year old alcoholic sleeping with their druggie boyfriends. That does tend to make me wonder why THEY can have kids and I can't. Does God trust them more than me? Anyway, that's another post.

No comments: