Sunday, July 30, 2006

A BIG party!

We had a great weekend! Friday night we went to the Mundays' house and played games, ate snacks, etc. Then on Saturday we got our fridge/freezer and drove to Chelford with Cathy. There was a huge party for some friends of the family, Dave and Christina. It was their 25th wedding anniversary.

The party was in Chelmford, near Manchester, and it was brilliant. Dave and Christina are two of the nicest, most friendly people I've ever met. There were a lot of people there--about 160. We all went to the village hall and danced, ate great food, and (everybody but us) drank! TONS!!! Martin and I had a good time watching everybody get absolutely trashed, but we left fairly early as we were both exhausted. We got to sleep about 12:30, and some of the people didn't get home until 7 am (including Cathy, the naughty minx)!

This morning we got up and had a great cooked breakfast. Then we drove home. The best part of the morning was laughing at all of the silly people with horrible hangovers. Wow, everybody there was moaning and saying that they could really see the benefit of not drinking. The best part was, we both remember everything we did last night.

Also this weekend, we went and watched "Cars." I know it probably came out ages ago in the states, but it was just released this weekend in the UK. We both really enjoyed it--fabulous movie--Pixar are brilliant. I've never seen one of their movies that I didn't absolutely love.

I was SOOOOO cranky this weekend. Saint Martin was wonderful and patient, or we would be getting a divorce. I don't know--I was watching Cathy dancing with her dad, and I got all sad and was missing my dad. I miss my family so much this weekend.

Ugh--work tomorrow. I already miss being a house wife. Wish I could just have a baby and stay at home, but hopefully that will happen soon.

No comments: