Saturday, September 23, 2006

5 Years

Wow--Martin and I have been married for five whole years now. Where has the time gone? And was I ever single? It's amazing how time can pass so quickly, and how it can go so slow at the same time!

We have had a really nice weekend so far. Martin and I took the day off work yesterday and we went to the temple in Preston with the Mundays. We had a great time--fun AND spiritual, though not very romantic. We did a session last night and one this morning, and then drove home. And we discovered something we hadn't realised about the accommodation centre at the temple. They have a KITCHEN!

Martin and Lewis cooked us dinner and breakfast, while Emma and I relaxed. She's 6 1/2 months pregnant, and not very well. I have huge blisters on both my feet and it hurts to stand up. So we both played the "sick" card and sat around talking while they did all the work. There's also a fantastic dining/lounge area. From now on when we go to the temple we are going to cook instead of eating out!

We are going to a movie tonight--for the first time in about a month and a half (that's a long time for me and Martin to not see a movie) and I need to get ready. But I'll probably post tomorrow and let you know how church goes. The Primary are preparing for their sacrament presentation, and the choir is singing. Plus, the ward organist is not going to be there. So basically I will be working my butt off for all of church. Better get a good night's rest to prepare for that!

Love you all!

No comments: