Sunday, October 08, 2006

So Proud of Ourselves!!!

We got some serious work done on the house this weekend. I am about half done with the dry wall adhesive, and we got some insulation up above the window in the front room. Martin even got some plasterboard up, so it actually looks like a wall now instead of a work in progress.

In other good news, I got a second interview for this job at the day spa that's opening up here in Barton. It is literally just down the street--it would take me about 5 minutes to walk there instead of 25 minutes to drive! I went to the first interview on Monday, and really felt like I connected with the woman interviewing me. It was mostly just a great chat, and I had a lot of fun. Then, when I got the letter inviting me back for the second interview, I found out it was the spa OWNER who interviewed me! Glad I didn't know that in advance!

So anyway, if I get the job we will be selling one of our cars. It's been a long time since we were a one car family, but it is so incredibly expensive over here. We can make do with just the one car if I don't have to drive to work--we'll just have to juggle a little bit while I am doing my massage course!

Church was good, though exhausting. It was fast Sunday, and Maritn and I actually managed to fast for the whole time. We actually ended up fasting for 26 hours--accident! We honestly just didn't have time to eat lunch yesterday. The Primary kids are doing their sacrament presentation next week, so we spent two hours practicing that. Trying to keep 25 children quiet and sitting still for two hours isn't exactly my idea of a good time, but the program should go OK.

Drove down to Mablethorpe to see Martin's Nanna after church. We had a good visit, and I got some seeds from her garden. I also got two plants that she was splitting and getting rid of them. I got a big clump of irises and also a glossy green plant called "bear's britches." They are already planted out in my flower beds in back. I can't wait to plant some of the seeds I got.

Anyway, must dash. I have steak pie to finish making for dinner!

No comments: