Monday, January 22, 2007

A GREAT weekend and wonderful news…

My birthday was smashing! Martin and I went to the temple on Friday and spent Saturday driving around the Yorkshire Dales. It was nasty weather, but a beautiful drive. I have some fab pictures to post when I get a chance. Thanks everyone for my lovely gifts. It really softens the blow of getting older.

So today marks a milestone that Martin and I have been waiting patiently for. Most of the family already knows, but today’s the big BLOG announcement. Martin and I are going to have a baby! I’m due in late August.

I am 10 weeks pregnant, and today marks the end of the embryonic phase. I officially have a fetus (although we have called it a baby from the beginning.)! We found out about it on the 15th of December, and I already had an ultrasound to make sure everything was normal. The ultrasound was on the 3rd of January, and it was the most amazing and emotional experience I’ve ever had. I was only 7 weeks then, so there wasn’t much to see, but the baby is in the right place, and we saw its heart beating. I have another ultrasound scheduled for next week, and then I will start seeing the midwife.

So yeah, I think I have a pretty good excuse for not posting more often. Every spare moment I have (and there aren’t many, believe me!) has been spent sleeping. I’ve been completely exhausted and sick since the day I conceived, but we are still so excited! Martin has been great—really taking good care of us. And he is working much harder on the house now so it is done when the baby is born.

Speaking of Martin and in non-baby news (Martin accuses me of only talking about the baby recently so I’ll try not to), his last day at Enterprise was last Wednesday. It’s been a little bit weird for him, but I think he’s happy about it. He starts at The Place tomorrow, and he seems cool about it. He’s pretty nervous though. We bought him some new black shirts for work since that’ll be his new uniform and he’s getting a haircut today. This should be interesting. I know he liked his new job this morning when I had to get up and get ready for work at 6:30 and he stayed in bed. I’m sure we’ll settle into a routine soon enough.

This week we are working on our first clients at college. We’re only doing a back massage, not a full-body massage, but I am a little bit nervous. The massage bit is fine, but I’m not quite sure how to do record cards, explain the treatment to a client, etc. My first client is Fran Anderson, Lewis’s mum. She’s excited for the massage, and I have given her a leg and abdominal massage before, so it shouldn’t be too bad. Next week is the first full body client, and Emma is coming in for me. That one is a little bit nerve wracking. But I got to practice the back massage on my college buddy Selina, and she liked it. Martin may be getting several massages this week. I’m sure he won’t complain!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

I just can't express how happy I am for you!! I'm literally tearing up right now!

I'm so excited for you to be a mommy, or a mummy now eh?

What great news! Maybe we should put off our trip till after the baby comes eh? Can't wait to see your beautiful baby!

I love you! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

-Becca

Anonymous said...

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your favorite little sister said...

AHHHHH! I am so excited for you guys! :) This makes me so happy, just so you know! I love you guys and I hope you are having fun. Good luck on both of your jobs!

ShaNeil

Anonymous said...

You have waited so long for a baby!! Remember that feeling when you start going without sleep for the next year or so .. :> What a nice way to start the new year. Happy late birthday!

Anonymous said...

Congrats, Im so happy for you.