Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Hello my faithful blog readers!

Sorry I haven't posted for so long. Life is so busy right now, and I haven't been feeling so hot. Basically, I do what I have to do every day, then immediately go to bed. If you are feeling neglected, you should see the state of my house. It is disgusting!

Things continue much the same as ever. Work is good for both of us. Martin's last day at Enterprise is next week, and he is getting pretty excited for that. He'll have a few days off (to get stuff done on the house hopefully) and then he'll start at "The Place." I am really starting to learn the ropes at Alan Dick and now have my own e-mail address, logon, and set of defined duties. Of course, I am not there today. I am having some problems with my asthma and have to go to college tonight as I am taking two tests. There was no way I could work all day and then do three hours of college. I hate being sick!

We went to Martin's work holiday party last weekend, which was pretty fun. It was in Sheffield, and we were late leaving. Martin drove like a maniac the whole way there, and we made it in record time. The dinner was great, the compan was pretty good, and watching everyone get falling down drunk was a real treat, as usual. I did get a fabulous new dress out of the whole deal, and was pleased to look classy AND covered up. There were some seriously skimpy outfits there. We didn't stay very long--only about 3 hours--but were glad we went all the same.

We are now on afternoon church, which is great! Sunday morning we went for a walk down at the Water's Edge Park. We took a loaf of stale bread and fed the ducks. It was really strange though, because along with the usual ducks and moorhens and swans, there was a flock of terns (kind of like seagulls, only different). We really had a good time feeding them, because they are super aggressive and got into fights over the bread. A few times they even snatched food right out of the other birds' mouths (think the "Mine" seagulls in Finding Nemo). It is kind of bad that it's dark by the time we get out of church, but that won't be the case for very much longer. Summer is coming--though not fast enough for my liking!

Anyway, I need to get some homework done and study for my tests, so I'd better close for now. I promise I will be better about posting--or I will at least try to be!

No comments: