Sunday, June 24, 2007

Hooray for the weekend...

Martin's grandparents celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary this weekend. We drove down to Mablethorpe on Saturday night to have dinner with the family, and it was lovely. I was a little bit dubious since we were going to a Chinese restaurant in rural Lincolnshire, but it was actually quite good. So that's both sets of Martin's grandparents that have now been together for 50 years. And his parents will reach 32 years on Tuesday. Pretty committed bunch!

I did something horribly independent--took the bus to Hull and went birthday shopping for Martin. That was pretty fun, but I was so exhausted when I got home! I took a 2 hour nap when I got home.

Another delightful pregnancy symptom has hit--my hips and pelvis ache! It gets worse at night, of course! All I want to do is sleep, but it hurts when I do. 8 weeks to go, and boy do I hope they go quickly.

We had been having a few problems with the exhaust on the car--it was SO noisy!!! So today Martin took a look at it and actually fixed the problem. So instead of taking it to the garage and spending loads of money on it, he spent the equivalent of $5 and took care of it himself. I love it when he does stuff like that. He's promised me that he will post details of the car fixing adventure later--we'll see.

So yeah, that's the weekend gone. Wish it was longer!

No comments: