Friday, September 28, 2007

Dylan's big weigh in...

I took Dylan to the baby clinic at the Children's Centre on Wednesday for his weigh in. We also went to the breastfeeding support group, which was really good. The health visitor who weighed him was really impressed by how alert he was and how great his color is. She was also impressed by his weight. My little 9.5 lb. baby has grown--he now weighs a whopping 10 lbs. 11.5 oz. I was so pleased to hear that, especially since he was so slow to regain his birth weight. Well, he's caught up now and is getting a little more plump every day. I can hardly believe how big he's getting!

This morning the little guy actually rolled over onto his tummy all by himself. I was amazed! I turned around for just a second, turned back and he was on his belly. I'm pretty sure that 4 weeks old is really early to be doing that. I am thinking that maybe he'll reach all those baby milestones early. He's already started doing that social smiling thing.

In Martin news, he has decided to take the job at Winteringham Fields. He'll start there in two weeks. I'm not happy about it as it means we'll have even less time together than we already do, but we'll make it work. He's excited anyway. I'm not thrilled that I'll be spending 10-12 hours 5 days a week home alone with a newborn baby, but I'm sure I'll adjust.

Anyway, the little monkey just woke up and is wanting attention. I'll try to post a few pictures one handed. We'll see how that goes.

2 comments:

Amberlynn said...

You'll be pro at one-handed computer usage before you know it. It's about the only thing I can still DO while nursing. :)

Anonymous said...

Don't worry. I'll come by and keep you company while Martin is at work. :) I miss holding that little sweat pea! I've had a bad cold for nearly two weeks now so I haven't been out and about much recently. Hopefully we can meet up at some point this week? Big hugggs from all of us. Sam and I want to start a Dylan Fan Club. He is too cute!