Saturday, October 27, 2007

Ahh, the bliss of a routine...

I never thought I would be rushing home every night to get here by 8:30 so I could bathe my baby. I never in a million years thought that I would be so inflexible, dropping everything so we didn't mess up his bedtime routine. But I do now!

It's just shy of 10 pm, and Dylan is asleep. This is good, but is the result of nearly 2 hours of hard work and effort, all to get him to sleep until 2:30 or 3 am. We start his bed time routine some time between 8 and 8:30, and he is usually asleep by 9 or 9:30. It is hard work to keep my little man happy, and if leaving right in the middle of a game or turning the television off in the middle of my favorite program is what it takes, I'll do it. If we break from his established routine, even for a single night, Dylan is a nightmare for the next two days. It's all good for Martin, he's at work all day. But I pay for it, and it's not pretty. I just don't think Martin understands that!

Dylan's weekly weigh in was good--he's tipping the scales at 13 lbs. 8 oz. He also had his first round of immunizations on Friday. He was SO good--he only cried for a few minutes (I fed him right after he had the shots--that always shuts him up!) and was just a little bit cranky that night. He's got more shots in 4 weeks, and then more when he's 16 weeks old.

We're doing well--all of us. I'm not looking forward to tomorrow. The choir are singing, and our pianist has had surgery and will probably not be there. So I will be playing the piano for sacrament meeting AND for the choir to sing, and it's complicated with Dylan. He is usually doe for a feed during sacrament meeting, and cries like crazy. Last week the choir sang as well, and it was a farce--nobody paid attention to our singing because they were too busy watching my baby get passed around to three or four different people as he was crying and inconsolable. I really need to be released, but so far nobody seems to see that except me and Martin--and Dylan, of course!

Need to wrap things up here--I need some beauty sleep desperately! I think I would do just about anything for a full night's sleep--or even about 6 hours uninterrupted. But I'll settle for my beautiful baby boy and the three hour blocks I'm currently getting.

No comments: