Tuesday, October 23, 2007

This motherhood gig...

I think I'm finally starting to enjoy this motherhood thing. It's only taken me two months to get to this point, but I'm happy to be here.

Don't get me wrong--it's still the hardest thing I've ever done. Dylan still isn't easy to take care of and I still sometimes resent the fact that I have virtually NO time to myself. I hate that I am having to type this with one hand. But there are brief moments every day that make it worth all the difficulty. Like right now, when my beautiful little man is snuggled up in my arms, snoring gently in my ear.

Dylan is completely dependent on me-especially since he is breast-fed! And while the world thinks he is not capable of feeling something as complicated as love, his face lights up when he hears my voice. He smiles for me when I look at him. He doesn't do that for anybody else, and if that's not love, I don't know what is!

2 comments:

Celeste said...

That's really great Jamie! Motherhood has really beautiful moments doesn't it.

Anonymous said...

Isn't that just the greatest thing. My 11 month old is my 3rd but I get the biggest kick out of her and sh is fu on a whole different level than my other two. It took me 2 months with my first to even feel a connetion to him, so you're doing great! I miss you tons!