Friday, May 02, 2008

Thanks for the good advice, mom!

I remember when I was quite a bit younger I told my mom that I didn't ever want to have kids, because I'd never be able to sit down and just play the piano again. I think Jace must have been a baby and I was watching him. She gave me a good bit of advice then. She said that I could still do the things I loved. I would just have to do it regardless of whether the baby was crying or not. She said that moms shouldn't change everything about their lives just because they have a baby.

Today Dylan and I went swimming. Then we did a little bit of shopping. We worked out in the garden tonight, and we played the piano before he had his bath. Martin and I both do the things we love still, and Dylan just adds dimension to our lives. He's a wonderful addition!

Incidentally, anybody know how much dirt a baby can ingest and still be ok?

But hey, I got shallots and parsnips planted, as well as a few flowers. It's nice to get some stuff planted out back (other than grass, of course)!

Martin has another baseball game on Sunday, and we are combining a temple trip and a mini break to Liverpool with the game. I'm excited--not necessarily for the baseball game, but I've never been to Liverpool and we haven't been to the temple since Dylan was just two weeks old and mom and dad came over. I should have some good pictures to post from the weekend. I love going new places!

Speaking of Martin, stuff is happening at the Place. Since they changed the menu it's been a lot busier, and so the owner is ready to renovate the upstairs room and expand the business. It's not going to be a fine dining restaurant as he was promised when he took the job. It'll be a cozy coffee lounge and the downstairs will be for people having food. There's no set time frame for the project yet, but it should be good. They are slammed every lunch time, and could be a lot busier if they had more room. There has been some talk of earning a commission as well--good stuff!

I'll keep everybody posted on what happens at work. Got to run now--I'm in the middle of doing dinner. BLTs and oven chips! Yummy!

No comments: