Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Not the best way to start off your day.....

This my favourite way to start a sentence...

Funny story...

This morning I was woken up by Dylan at about 7am, which is not a problem in any way shape or form. I lounged in bed with Jamie and Dylan for a little while before deciding to get out of bed, have a shower and get my self ready for work. Jamie had decided to go back to sleep as she was not feeling 100% so I wasn't worried about skipping out early on them.

So I am all clean dressed and ready to start my day. I have even decided to go into work early which is very unusual but I was feeling good. Downstairs I go, through into the dining nook. On the dining table I spy a bottle of Thickie (like a smoothie but surprisingly enough, thicker, made with yoghurt and this one also contained oats). Now, the previous evening Jamie had left the bottle out for me, but i had forgotten about it. in passing I had taken a swig of this stuff from the bottle and it tasted like it was going off. You know how yoghurt feels fizzy on your tongue when it is going bad. Yeah well this was very fizzy. So I put it back down. Back to this morning. The bottle was still on the table and being the dutiful husband that I am I pick it up and take it in the kitchen and set it down on the draining board.

Here comes the good bit....

BOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ever seen a kitchen painted with smoothie? How about a human being? Now our kitchen isn't exactly the biggest, but the EXPLODING THICKIE managed to get on absolutely everything. Ceiling -check. Floor-check. All the kithcen cabinets - check. windows - check. Every other single item in the kitchen - check. Oh, I nearly forgot....ME! I froze, dripping thickie, my work clothes covered in disgusting smelling pink goo! And it was on my face and in my hair. So, back upstairs strip everything off, back in the shower and hurriedly get dressed again as now I have to at least start cleaning the gunk off the ceiling! My early trip to work to get stuff done and have a relaxing start gone in one catastrophic splurge.
So as you can all imagine, not the best way to start my day. It didn't get much better when at work the lunch time help called in sick and we had a ridiclous day! But hey, at least i can laugh now. See, big smiles.

Just to give you an example of the devastation, here are some photos......

The offending article

Good spatter pattern

6 comments:

Millerlite said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Amberlynn said...

Whoa, that's some explosion!

Greg, Ang & 4 kidlets said...

That is SO funny & awesome at the same time:) Good thing you were ready for work early and not already rushing out the door:)

Unknown said...

oh dear!! i would not enjoy cleaning that up:}

Emma said...

he he he he, that is divine justice for the times your friends picked on me at school :)
Emma
x

House of Wilcox Rock!!! said...

Hahahahaha!!! Good to know those things do that! I like those too! I buy them at the Indian grocery store here.