Thursday, July 24, 2008

Overlapping seasons...

Dylan and I went for a walk to feed the ducks last night after Martin went to baseball practice. On our way down to Water's Edge, we picked and ate some blackberries. Man, does my boy love blackberries! The weird thing is, on Saturday we were picking strawberries. Strawberries are a spring crop, and blackberries are usually an autumn crop. It's so totally bizarre that we are picking both at the same time!

We had our last choir practice of the summer tonight. It went really well, but Martin left our house keys at the church. Not cool, since the chapel is 27 miles away. We had to climb over the back wall to get into the house because I don't usually lock the back door. Martin climbed over and jumped down, I handed Dylan to him, then he went and got the ladder for me to climb down since it's a drop of about 7 1/2 feet. I felt like I was breaking in to my own house. The best part is, we are now locked IN the house. You need the key to unlock the door, even from the inside. Somebody who lives in Barton and was still in town is bringing our keys to us.

Don't we have such exciting lives?

2 comments:

Amberlynn said...

Breaking into your own house is always exciting. I once met my new neighbors while halfway through my basement window. (They lived on the upper level.) They primed me on our landlord (GOOD THING!) and I got to inherit their little garden patch.

Erik and I have learned to always have several spare keys.

Unknown said...

im jealous you have free excesss to yummy fruit. Its soo expensive here so it hard to come by. your morph pic is soo pretty