Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Red Letter Day...

I don't know why it's a "red letter day" when something good happens. Maybe someone can enlighten me. At any rate, we had one yesterday.
We checked the bank balance yesterday, and had a pleasant surprise for the first time in months! Our insurance company has paid us the money for our new window, and we received a massive payment from HM Revenue and Customs--we think it is back payment of tax credits. Hooray--I can buy myself some new t-shirts!
I hate being poor. I know it builds character and all, but personally I'd rather be a wealthy and horrible person. People who always have enough money will never know why it really is the root of all evil. If you are struggling to make ends meet, it's all you can think about. Money worries consume you, and stress leaks into all aspects of your life. You don't even realize how much you've been worrying until the pressure is lifted. Then, all of a sudden, you feel like you can breathe again.
Martin did some work on the entrance hallway tonight. He filled the big hole in the door from the old letterbox and sanded down all the rough patches . It will be ready to paint tomorrow, and that will make a big difference in there. It's the little things that make a big difference with projects like this.
The closer our house gets to being finished, the more I love it. It will be hard to leave, but I am so excited to move back home that it will be ok. I know we will be able to make another house a home, just as long as we are all together.

No comments: