Sunday, April 17, 2011

Fail...

I tried to take the kids to the beach yesterday.

Dylan had a good time.  Edith was miserable and she kind of ruined it for the rest of us.  I spent the whole time carrying her around, and threw my back out as a result (she is small for her age, but she's still two years old and quite heavy)!  Today has been painful.

What a waste of petrol and parking money.

Especially because when we got home, both kids stripped down to their underwear, planted peas out in the back garden, and had a fantastic time. 

Incidentally, why does my mother-in-law always show up when my kids are dirty and only dressed in pants and the house is a total wreck?

Martin started a week's holiday today.  We don't have anything going on tomorrow, but we leave for the Lake District on Tuesday morning and I am taking my "Life in the UK" test on Thursday (on our way home).  Martin and I are going out on a date on Friday night--hopefully to celebrate my pass on the test.  Then he's working on Saturday.  Dad will be here on Sunday.  I'm also giving my first lesson in Relief Society and singing in Sacrament meeting.  It's going to be a busy week.

Fingers crossed that little miss grumpy pants cheers up before we go!

No comments: