Friday, April 08, 2011

Wow. Just, wow!

Edith woke up on Monday morning and decided to speak.

After months of just jibberish she has finally started parroting and picking up new words at about the rate of approximately 4 per day.  She has started pointing to things and telling me what they are.  This evening, when I tucked the kids in to bed, she made up a little song and sang it to herself.  Sure, it went "bum, bits, bum, bits."  It was still freaking awesome.

Oh, I love this girl!

Dylan had a bit of a rough day.  Martin took the kids to the park while I worked out at the gym, and when I got down there Dylan was trying to play with another kid there.  The kid wouldn't play with him, and Dylan was absolutely crushed.  He was even crying a little bit, and he has been not quite right all day long.  I tried to give him extra cuddles and make sure he knew how loved he is all day, and reminded him that he has loads of friends at school who DO like to play with him, but I don't think it was quite enough.  He's really quite a sensitive little lad.

I adore my little man, too.

Feeling all loved up about my kids tonight.  Every once in a while, being a full time stay-at-home mom is the best job in the whole world.

No comments: