Friday, October 12, 2012

Guilt...

Doing that asthma attack thing right now, so no DIY has been done for a few days. I'm worried that I will lose my momentum...

Stuff is getting done, though. My piano room is still spotless, for a start.

The kitchen window now has a cute little yellow gingham valance and some home-made artwork. The door has been painted, and about half of my cupboards have been cleared out and organized.

The bathroom walls have been about 90% stripped of artex, and most of it has been re-painted. Just needs a second coat, but I don't want to risk the fumes with my lungs acting up.

The dining room has been deep cleaned, and the mirror re-finished.

My bedroom has been re-arranged and deep cleaned.

The kids' bedroom closet has been half cleaned (the top half).

Loads of stuff has been taken to the charity shop. Loads of stuff has been taken to the tip. Tons of half-finished projects have been finished.

Wow, I'm tired. So let's not mention how much work still has to be done.

In other news, I am in the process of coming off my happy drugs. So far, so good. I'm reducing my dosage slowly, and haven't had any negative side effects yet. The kids haven't been screamed at, and I can still get out of bed in the morning.

I've also had my referral letter through for trauma counselling, and I have confirmed that I want to have the sessions. I should be meeting with a new therapist within the month. Let the healing begin!

Dylan and Edith are doing really well in school. Dylan was even named "Student of the Week," for trying hard in maths even when he is struggling. They are learning number sentences. They are also getting so tall now, and eating us out of house and home. We took them out on their scooters tonight, and they were both amazing! Even Dylan is finally getting some coordination. Hooray!

Martin is currently my hero. He's working long hours, and still helping me work on the house. We've painted the front white, and he's repaired some of the rotten wood work. He helped his dad install an electrical socket on our landing, so the tumble drier is OUT of the kids' room. He's fixed the toilet in the kids' bathroom, as well. He's so amazing. I married such a great man.

So that's the update. Lots of stuff going on, but nothing really exciting.

Except that my lovely sister-in-law just got engaged. That's REALLY exciting.

1 comment:

Greg, Ang & 4 kidlets said...

You are doing so great! I can't wait to see some pictures. I wish I had your drive right now to get some projects done:)