Thursday, October 25, 2012

Ladies who Lunch...

Took Edith in for lunch at Stables today, because we had to walk to the garage and deliver the part for our car repair after I picked her up from school. Long walk lugging heavy automotive parts:(

Anyway, Edith and I had a brilliant lunch. She had an omelette and chips. I had a chicken and chorizo burger--bliss! Edith also had some vanilla icecream, and she was really well behaved the whole time.

There was a table full of old ladies right next to us, and they were hilarious. They had a long discussion about which table they wanted to sit at (light and vision issues). They discussed all the menu items one at a time with each other (vision issues again). I loved listening to them trying to pronounce the Italian words. Then they ordered, changing nearly every dish they ordered. When their food came out, one of them helped another cut her food (joint pain). They were so considerate of each others' needs and limitations, and they were having a great time.

I want to be that kind of old lady, and I want to have friends like that. Just not for quite a few more years.

The car should be fixed this afternoon, thank goodness. I miss our car! We live so close to the bus and train station, but the schedules are so limiting. Our little Seat is freedom to me, and I hate feeling trapped in Barton.

I have another therapy session tomorrow, so fingers crossed that I don't have to take the bus to get to it!

No comments: