Saturday, October 06, 2012

IKEA

When I die, I don't want to end up in heaven. Instead, I'd like to end up in one of those tiny IKEA mock apartments that still manage to look spacious and chic. But it would be nice if the plumbing and electrical appliances worked...

Took the kids to IKEA today, which pretty much IS my idea of heaven now that they are both old enough for the creche. Seriously, yo. A whole HOUR to myself on a Saturday--my most challenging day of the week? And I get to be shopping for it? It totally makes the hour and fifteen minute drive there worth it--being pestered for McDonalds and all!

The kids and I have had a lovely day. No temper tantrums, no crying, no whining, and no emotional breakdowns. And the kids were good, too. We even managed to pick up a Christmas present for Martin that he will love--for a great price :)

Ugh--Christmas shopping. Best get it done early. Last year I was done by mid-November. I think that'll be my goal again this year.

No comments: