Monday, November 19, 2012

Erm, yeah...

Nothing clever is coming to me, but I've been neglecting Gilbert's Fridge for so long now!

I guess I could talk about Edith--my little budding artist. She's started drawing instead of just scribbling. Her monsters are quite terrifying. Today she was drawing spiders for me. She drew a skull, too. She's amazingly good for a 3 year old, though perhaps a touch macabre. It's especially nice to see her takng an interest in drawing because Dylan was so NOT interested in writing or drawing. I hope she got a little bit of her mom and dad's artistic ability.

The kids and I did yoga together tonight. Nothing hard-core, just on Wii Fit. We did "Warrior" and "Tree," and they were both amazing. Then we did some hula-hooping, ski jumping, snowball fighting and bubble bursting. Dylan was sobbing that he didn't want to do it. He is so afraid of failure, and he freaks out when his little Mii is hurt or injured. I'm somewhat afraid that this will be crippling for him later in life, but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

I've filled holes in damaged plaster and touched up the paint in the front room. We need to hang some pictures and then the living room is as done as I want it to be. For now :) I'd really love to have the sofa re-upholstered, but that's probably not going to happen.

Christmas presents are going to take priority for a while, so the home improvements will have to wait. I'm still feeling fairly ambitions with the projects. Lost a BIT of momentum, but not too much. For instance, today I defrosted my fridge so I could repair the ice compartment. Which I did. With a golf tee, a rawl plug, a screw, and my own bare wit. Awesome!

Such a rock and roll lifestyle :)

No comments: