Monday, August 28, 2006

The Bank Holiday

What a beautiful day! We were going to go down south or abroad, but instead we stayed close (ish) to home and went to Yorkshire. Whitby, to be exact.

I saw the North York Moors for the first time, and got a little bit homesick. There are miles and miles of nothing, and it's gorgeous! Instead of rolling hills and sagebrush, it's rolling hills and beautiful purple heather. The best part is, it smells amazing!

We had a lovely picnic on the seaside. I'll post a picture of the view from our blanket. Then we went into Whitby itself and strolled around. I think it's my new favourite place in England. It knocked York down a notch.

Anyway, the guys are coming by tomorrow to look at the house. I'll keep you posted on whether or not we get "consent" to modify our own house! (I hate the English government sometimes)

Pictures now...

No comments: