Monday, February 05, 2007

Clarification...

I do NOT know if I am having a boy or a girl. I don't even suspect it might be a boy. It is way too early for any of that. We are calling the baby "he" for simplicity's sake.

Also, we have nick-named the baby Maggot. Sorry to all of you who think that's a horrible name for a fetus. He looked like a maggot at my first ultrasound. Plus, he was making me miserable and I didn't like him very much at the time (though, of course, I love him!!). The name just kind of stuck, so that's what he'll be called for the time being. Don't worry though--he (or she) will have a proper name when he's born!

2 comments:

Amberlynn said...

As I suspected. Careful, though - fetus nicknames can stick. My niece was called "Moose" in the womb, and still is today at almost 3 yrs. old (along with many other nicknames).

I think Maggot is a very appropiate nickname, though, especially during sickness stage. ;)

Jasper was "it" until near the end, when I secretly referred to him as "him" in my mind when I suspected boyhood.

Love you, and am SO excited for you.

Kathleen and Justin Lofley said...

Hey! I found you two! My heartfelt congratulations to you. I am so happy for you; I know it's been a long and hard road.
Keep in touch!
love,
Kathleen (of Kathleen and Justin)