Thursday, February 22, 2007

A Solution—Sort Of…

A few days ago I got to talk to my lovely sister Angie. I hadn’t talked to her in ages, and it was so nice! Her daughter Haven sang me “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star” and I also spoke to Anya (the most beautiful child ever!!!).

In the course of the conversation, it came out that people over on t’other side of the pond are a little upset that Martin and I aren’t planning on finding out the sex of the baby. Not because they are dying to know or anything, but because they want to buy stuff for Maggot and can’t find anything cute that’s gender neutral. Here’s my solution.

Don’t buy us anything.

Just kidding! If you want to buy gifts for the newest grandchild, great grandchild, niece or nephew, feel free. We have virtually nothing for a baby, and I love getting packages in the mail. But we won’t really need much for the first few months because the baby’s only going to be eating, sleeping, crying, and pooping. All we need are little onesies and sleep suits, and we have bought the newborn ones that we need. Maggot will need church clothes, and that’s about it. What we WILL need are little outfits for 3-6 months or 6-9 months, so if anyone wants to buy gifts, just wait until after we’ve had the baby and know its sex. See—everybody’s happy, right?

So yeah, in pregnancy news, I’m feeling really good now! My morning (and mid-day, and evening, and middle of the night) sickness is virtually gone, and I am starting to get a bit of my energy back. Sometimes I actually manage to forget that I’m pregnant! The baby is definitely growing, because I am getting a little pregnant belly and I can sleep through the night without having to get up to use the bathroom. Hooray!

In Martin land, the job is going well. Valentine’s Day was a big success, and their business has really picked up since then. It would seem that diet season has officially ended, so he might start earning a bonus soon. He is working on the house like crazy, and our guest bedroom is nearly done. He’s got some cladding to put up on the wall, the door, radiator, and trim to paint, and the floor to do. Then we can start getting the furniture up there and move back to the front room. It’s really coming along.

In me news, things are pretty much the same as always. Work continues to be a chore to get to but a delight to stay (most days). I still really like all the people I work with, and most days I stay really busy. College is going well. I’ll start my assessments next week, and hopefully will be fully qualified shortly.

That’s the update.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, we need your address to send you stuff.